Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Aur Bataao

I don’t know how many of us experience this, but I think that I am not the only one who has this experience. It happened so. Last night I got a call from one of my very dear old friend. I think it was about six months or so after which I was talking to him in voice. I mean we often meet on orkut or G-Talk. And I couldn’t find any matter to talk to him on phone besides our loving team India. I guess that he was also going through the same experience. The conversation goes like this:

I: hello

He: hi dear. Paichaan kaun ?? (I don’t know really what is the need for this question when the bloody CID of your mobile displays both the caller’s name and number.)

I: oh hi . howz life man??

He: everything fine man. Actually I want your help. You remember the project we did in the school together? ………..(some baker of 30 seconds)………… ok boss. Now I understand.

I: ok. Aur bataao.

He: Oh life is cool man. Tum bataao.(Passing the ball to my court)

I: I am as cool as ever. Exams coming but no tension. After all we are “to be engineers.” Aur bataao.(I don't give up so easily)

He: Badhiya. Aur bataao.

And this aur bataao thing continued till our conversation came to an end. What really happened? Is it so that we don’t have anything left to talk or is it so that we don’t want to talk anymore? I don’t have an answer to this question. Also I have seen people talking to their boyfriends and girlfriends for the whole night. (Sometimes I wonder what they might be talking. I mean I can hardly speak for ten minutes to someone continuously.) So I concluded that people are evolving and a genetic change is taking place. Our part of the brain which is responsible for communication (not talking about subjects such as “master of communication systems”) becomes active only when we talk to our girlfriends or boyfriends and goes to sleep while communicating with others. :) Weird theory, but I couldn’t think of anything better.

(Azaad)

1 comment:

prateeksha said...

not really Sid!

how long at a stretch can you chat with your best bud? or your younger cousin/sibling? not just 10 minutes for sure!

happens with me too.. there are people who call up even when they have NOTHING to speak.. they either just want you to speak so that they can find some gossip or just can't stay shut on their own.. they constantly need someone speaking something or the other, no matter if it makes no sense!

koi ni ji.. ham bhi isi naav may sawaar hain!